Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Son is 6

It's true. Our boy is 6 whole magnificent & joyous years old! We celebrated his day with many special things. I try most of the time to make an effort not to overly spoil the kids. Birthdays, however just makes me want to do lots of little things to let them know they are loved, noticed and celebrated. I hope one day they will want to make others feel these same things. 

His birthday was on a school day so we had to squeeze things in around that. But, we managed plenty. Donuts for breakfast - cupcakes for his class - cooked his favorite meal including his favorite food: Scrambled Eggs (he could eat a dozen I think). Then we gave him all the cards that had come in the mail for him, gave him our presents and ended the evening with a traditional birthday spanking from Dad. :) 

Birthday spanking lol

Caleb had a really fun birthday party a couple days after his actual birthday, but first let me just share a few pictures I have been putting back over the last 6 months of our big guy. These are just a few that tug at my heart or have a special bit of meaning for me. Enjoy.
This boy LOOOOVVES School!
Productive days at work with Mom 
Sick days
Adorable sick faces

First field trip
Blurry pic but this guys was so excited on his field trip and even more excited about his very first bus ride!
And yes, as is custom for me. I get extremely sentimental this time of the year around both kids birthdays. So please allow me some time to wallow and reminisce about my favorite boy in the whole world. 


Caleb - the prettiest baby boy ever born. He had the most beautiful red plump lips,
super gorgeous complexion and loved to be held and cuddled. I remember the very first time I held him, 
I sobbed like the baby was supposed to.
I never knew how much I would treasure the ugly/beautiful pictures first taken after the kids were born.
I have one with each of them and this is Calebs. Its rough. I am rough looking and worn out, but that moment. I can still remember it. I hope I never forget it. Could that really have been 6 years ago!?
It must have been because we have celebrated 6 birthdays with this guy! And he is just as adorable as ever! Man this below really shows how he is maturing and growing! 


Batman at Walmart - absolutely yes!
His legs are longer, his face is thinner and he is getting more independent all the time, but this boy is still my baby. Both of them will always be - no matter how big they get. Ok, thats all. No more sappy, sobby, sniffling. . . until next month when our first baby turns 8?! gasp, sigh, le blah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment