Monday, June 22, 2015

Let's recap that!

Well it has been a looong time, but I found my way back. My home computer is seriously biting the dust and it makes this a slow and tedious task. Yes, a new computer is on the list....you know, that never ending list of things that all seem to need to be done/bought right now. Please tell me you have one of those lists too!

Anyway, let's play catch up:

End of the year at school -
The school year wound down and just before summer break Laney had a special evening program we got to attend. She has been attending a special class this year every day for 45 minutes. The class is an advanced writing class and she has absolutely adored it as well as her writing teacher.
Laney and her writing teacher at the luau 
She was chosen to go to the program because of a book she wrote this year during her class. At the program she got up in front of the entire audience and gave a speech on her book. I was in awe!

She was excited!....I was shaking and nervous for her. It looks like she did not get my fear of public speaking and boy am I glad of that! She really enjoyed telling everyone about her book and the entire evening.
 Second grade is over for this little gal and she is leaving elementary school. I will say this Momma got a bit emotional the last day of school when I realized this chapter was over. We've been blessed with some of the greatest teachers for our kids - really could not ask for better!
Laney and her second grade teacher, Mrs. Pam 
 I know she will do great next year as she goes to middle school, but we will both be missing our elementary years for her! Thankfully Caleb has a few years left. He is wishing he could stay in his dear Mrs. April's class for another year, but I have told him that is not how it works. He is not very happy about that lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment