Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Memphis in May

Mercy no! Not that Memphis in May, lol! But, the kids and I did get a little quick trip to my hometown in early May.

We got to town Friday and went to my cousin, Katie's, place for the night. She and her three girls were sweet enough to let us crash at their house and we had such a great, laid back visit. Catching up with Katie is always fun since we don't get to do it often enough. To make up for lost time we stayed up late and talked until our eyes were burning for sleep and all the kids were falling asleep half standing up.







 Laney always looks forward to Memaw reading to them. This book was always my favorite story too and I love that they read it together Every. Single. Time we go visit.

Memaw gave Laney some clip on earrings which she wore for weeks after our visit 
The next morning I loaded up and headed to Memaw and Pepaw's. Katie and her crew, as well as several other cousins got to show up and it was a fun day with lots of kids. I so enjoy watching my kids play and visit with our Memphis family. It takes me right back to my childhood! I know the days I have left with my grandparents are numbered and I soak up every minuted I can when we get to spend time with them.

I snapped this photo of them as we left that Saturday evening and I'm so glad I did. So many things I love about these two people who are high on my list of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment