Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Start to the New Year

Since Christmas has come and gone, our 2016 is off to a good, busy start - but has been mixed with some time spent at home.
Forever flipping
While the kids were off on Christmas break, I took off work to be home with them. A couple of days I took the kids into the office with me tho. And they were most helpful as we started my office cleaning for the year. We decided that my office needed some sprucing up and was in need of a face lift.
Laney si quiet the artistic eye, and is ever helping me to go outside my little box of what tends to be boring style lol. (let's be honest, I'm not going to be winning any awards for fashion or style lol) So her encouragement to get me to have a little more flair is most appreciated.
She was certain this was the perfect piece for above my desk - so I decided she must be right and bought it :)
A little before of my workspace...
It usually isn't quiet this messy but the end of the year go busy and so it was in deep need of some cleaning out of files, and organizing.
Current update:
I'm enjoying the new additions and open ness of my office. I have a few more things to add but it has already made for a little bright spot in my work days ;)
New Year's 2016 -
We had our New Year's party again this year. Only a couple pix from the wild night - lol - wild as in lots of kids, lots of excitement and lots of parents who barely could hang until midnight. LOL!
These two lovelies showed up twinsied out - not on purpose lol.

Lots of New Year's Eve energy from these precious kiddos. Love them all so much and our times together!

And after partying late into the night to ring in the new year, this is what the next day looked like:
This girl loves her comfort! She knows how to relax in style.
I've enjoyed all my Christmas Pioneer Woman dishes I got so much, that I have been coaxed into cooking a little extra just so I can use them :)


Caleb and I got to spend some time together one Saturday this month. He was invited to a birthday party in Jackson and so just the two of us headed there early enough to spend some time together, letting him spend his Christmas money and having a "date-day" together. One of my favorite things is to be able to spend time alone with my children one on one. We had such a good time and he got a fabulous nap to boot :)


We are looking forward to 2016 and all that it brings. Mostly we are looking forward to spring and camping weather! It can't get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment