Friday, August 19, 2016

10 years coming



In early August, I went – along with 3 of my gal pals- Heather, Sarah and Kayla - on a little overnight get away. We  skipped town on a Friday afternoon and headed to Nashville to attend a Beth Moore “Living Proof Live” conference.
This was a big deal for me. Huge, really!
This was the first time I have left both Ricky and the kids and gone away over night - - -ever! I know that may seem crazy to some, but for this homebody gal, it was a big deal. I love to travel, but I like to have my people with me when I do.

I not only survived the trip away, but had a wonderful time with friends, enjoyed the conference speaker, music and time to refresh my spirit.

We laughed until we cried, got way too little sleep and had a great weekend. I plan not to wait 10 years to do this again. Lol. I really didn’t realize until last year that I had gone so long without going anywhere on my own.

Ricky took care of the home front while I was gone and while I felt missed (especially by Laney who kept sending me the sweetest messages while I was gone) I was glad for them to have a little time with their Daddy on their own.

Looking forward to doing this again in another year or so J

No comments:

Post a Comment