Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Our Hallmark weekend at Lake Barkley

Back in December, Ricky surprised me and told me to pack my bags for a surprise weekend. He had set up someone to keep the kids for 2 nights and took care of all of the planning. After we dropped the kids off with Aunt Jan, we drove for a little while and finally drove up to what looked like a movie set.
Our Lake Barkley will forever be a perfect memory!! When we drove up, Christmas lights led across a bridge up to the lodge entrance and I felt like I was in a dream.

We spent the weekend, catching up, resting, hiking, and just enjoying each other. The lodge and grounds were beyond beautiful and I kept telling Ricky that it felt like we were living in a Hallmark movie!

By the end of the weekend, we were both refreshed and ready to jump back into crazy every day living,  but also promised each other to get away together more often. I love this man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment