Ricky and I had visited Shiloh back in September of 2006 when I was pregnant with Laney. Coming back almost exactly 10 years later, made it really register with how much our life has changed over the last decade.
We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed that as soon as we arrived. While we ate we watched as the sunny blue the sky started clouding up and wind began blowing. I think we forgot to check the weather forecast before planning the entire day's events to be outside!
After we ate we watched the historical film on the Battle of Shiloh. Caleb quiet enjoyed it but Laney kept her eyes and ears covered nearly the entire time. In retrospect we wished we had just let Caleb watch it and not her, but live and learn!
We started hiking around and all at once a huge gust of wind brought in a major downpour out of nowhere! We, being completely of sound mind, took shelter under a very large tree in the middle of the battlefield cemetery. LOL! I think this is the exact opposite of what we should have done, but thankfully we were safe and managed to get only half soaked.
| Under the tree in the storm |
| The Patriarchs lol |
After the busy day of picnicking and hiking and running from the rain, we took our rather damp selves and headed for home, via the nearest place to eat. We stumbled onto the neatest place over in Pickwick, called the OutPost. It is a Christian business operating in a very family friendly manner and we really enjoyed it! Will for sure be revisiting if we have the chance again someday!
I love little escapes like this one with my favorite people!
No comments:
Post a Comment