Monday, August 21, 2017

She's watching you, Momma

This summer Laney asked if she could set herself up a place to get ready "like you have, Mom".

I was busy that day and wasn't really aware of exactly what she was up to. I gave my permission and then forgot all about it and got busy cleaning. But she came and got me after a couple of hours and asked if I wanted to see her new place she fixed up.

If I ever doubted that this quickly growing girl is closely watching her Momma, that day proved it.


Her get ready materials mainly consists of lip gloss, a little powder and mascara..... she got a hand me down set of makeup brushes and chose some other containers and a small lamp from her room to complete her area.

No, not thick and wild mascara, Just clear mascara...just for Practicing :)
She is learning to be a lady and how to get ready and present herself to the world...not only on the outside but also the inside.  I love this reminder we have posted on our vanities to "Put on the Armor of God". It keeps in front of us the importance of dressing up our hearts and minds each day and it has led to some wonderful discussions between Laney and I about different ways to wear Jesus daily.
My morning "get ready spot" in the back ground, and Laney's new get ready area to the right. She set it up nearly identically to my area. In the mornings these areas have made our get ready time so much more pleasant and less rushed. Me and the kids all kinda hang out in the extra bedroom while us girls "primp" and prepare for the day, Caleb plays around, and hangs out talking with us.

And I'm reminded again that they are always watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment