Every year our kids "write" a letter to Santa and since we are from a very small town, the newspaper publishes all the local children's letters in a special edition of the newspaper. This year, since even Santa is turning techy, he decided to receive letters via e-mail so that he could answer all the boys and girls letters individually. Being that our kids are used to technology they did not find it weird at all that Santa emailed them. So here is each of their letters they "wrote" (aka, told Momma) as well as Santa's reply.
Santa,
I scared of you. I want spiderman. I love spiderman.
Love, Caleb Hargis, age 2
Caleb,
I hear you have been a very good boy this year!...I'm sure we can come up with a spiderman for you. Be a good boy and I will see you on Christmas. Don't forget the milk and cookies!
Love,
Santa
Dear Santa,
The elf you gave us ate your cookies. Can you bring me a pink piggy pillow pet, the small one? Thank you for our elf, we named him Co-Co Buffy. Thank you for getting us presents. Also I love you. I'll be brave if I see you again and not be scared.
Love,
Laney Kay Hargis, age 4
Dear Laney,
That elf is a stinker! I have it on my list that you have been a very good girl this year. I hope you will sit on my lap next time I see you, but if you don't want to, I understand. Mrs. Claus said you are a very sweet girl. I love you too!
Santa
There are so many things about the small town life that I love. One
being how everyone is connected. While it does have its' downfalls
(everyone knows everyone's business) I think the good outweighs the bad.
For example, yesterday Laney saw Santa and Mrs. Claus at her school.
She is still afraid of Santa but she fell in love with Mrs. Claus. Mrs. Claus was
kind enough to act as a go between with Santa and fill him in on what
Laney would like for Christmas this year. Well, one of Laney's
classmates just so happens to have a grandmother who was at school when
this happened yesterday and witnessed Laney's reaction to Santa. This
same grandmother also is Santa's right hand letter answerer at the local
newspaper, where I also work. So everything Santa wrote back to Laney
only made her more convinced Santa really wrote her. She laughed till
her face was pink when I read her the letter and then she informed me that next
time she saw Santa she would sit on his lap and even give him a kiss on
his fluffy beard. When I read Caleb's letter to him he looked at me,
nodded and continued on with little reaction (I'm thinking next year he
will be a little more understanding of all the Santa hype). Here are a
few pictures of the kids with Santa from a few weeks ago at Wal-Mart. I
did not know we would be running into Santa that day, or having
our pictures made or we would have dressed a bit better for the
occasion. And these pictures were taken at Wal-Mart and the prints were
free and had to be scanned in so they are not the best quality, but
never-the-less, I thought they were cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment