Last night our children's choir from church performed their Christmas
musicals and it was extremely adorable! This was Laney's first time to
be in front of the entire church and she did so great. There were no
nerves for her, she was just so excited. She was all decked out in her
green "elf dress" as she calls it. One thing I was really thankful for
was the fact that the older and younger children's programs both told
the actual Christmas story. Laney's group sang and she had the only
speaking parts saying "the star" and she was so proud and practiced
those 2 words maybe 1400 times. One of the songs they sang was a short
refrain from the Hallelujah chorus and I could hear Laney's voice over
all the kids. As a (emotional, proud, excited) Momma, I will admit that I
had tears in my eyes on several occasions while they sang. I am so
thankful of the person my daughter is growing into being. She stood up
there and sang her little heart out because she knows "that makes Jesus
happy" as she said. Watching her and all the children sing and tell
about Jesus' birth is so innocent, sweet and pure I couldn't help but
think that they told the story of Jesus' birth far better than we adults
ever could. Laney was especially excited to have her fan support there
to cheer her on, so a special thanks to Nina, Mimi, Pops, Uncle Adam, Katelin, Caleb and of course her Daddy for being there (not that
Ricky would have been able to stay away, seeing as how he is wrapped
around her little finger :) After the program was over all the kids
enjoyed cake and ice cream at a birthday party for Jesus.
 |
| In her "elf dress" |
 |
| The young group |
 |
| Look at that little face, see what I mean? |
 |
| Caleb singing "hallelujah" around a mouthful of cake |
No comments:
Post a Comment