Friday, December 23, 2011

Potty Blog

A quick, brief post today, as we are really running full steam with it being Christmas Eve Eve. Just had to take a minute out and brag about Caleb. We started potty training some 8 months ago. And, well, it just didn't happen. Probably the fault lies with me more than it does with him, as it just seems like we could never get a good, steady routine set. I determined that over Christmas break we would really get serious about it and get things into gear, as his birthday is next month and I really wanted him trained before then. Well, proud Momma here would like to say he is doing marvelously well with it and we are only 4 days in. We still let him sleep and nap in a diaper (which he protests to and asks to please get him his "unerwhare" on). But during the day he is doing great. He has figured out that being wet is no fun. Hopefully not counting our eggs before they are hatched but I think he is over the hard part. I am not sure how I will feel about this. Its the last baby thing to go. Laney was 23 months when we brought Caleb home from the hospital so for about 5 months until she potty-trained, both were in diapers at the same time. This means that for the first time in 5 years, diaper will not be on our shopping list. I know it is time, but it is kinda bitter-sweet at the same time. But regardless he is excited and we are proud of him!
 I had my camera laying on the hall table and was getting ready to give the kids a bath. He started showing me his muscles and told me to take his picture of him in his "unerwhare". So, here is our big boy struttin his stuff!


Poppa would be so proud of this fist he is making!

I don't know why but when he is wearing just his "unerwhare" he always is acting like a fighter


Singing "have a holly jolly Christmas"

No comments:

Post a Comment