This is a place to store up my memories and tell short stories from the days we are living out as a family.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Feet
While going through each day, I am aware of being too needy. Catching myself praying and asking for much. I wonder if God ever tires of only being spoken to when we are coming with our hands out asking for them to be filled? So I am purposing to begin a weekly (or close to weekly) post that covers something I am thankful for. I want to remember to go to God and sometimes just go and be thanking Him for having "better than I deserve". When I post it really makes me contemplate and think about the subject matter so I thought this would be a way to make me spend time in thanks as well as share how good He has been to me. If you have never visited this blog www.aholyexperience.com, do. My Mom told me about Ann V.'s blog and I really enjoy her posts and especially her photos! She has a way of writing using very few words (I know, I could use that skill!) but expressing so much with them. Her pictures are also some of my absolute favorite. She has a gratitude calendar on her blog and it is a really neat idea! I am wanting to read her book.
Up first, feet. I am thankful for feet. For my curvy, ankle-weakened, Randy Reed - replicated, narrow - fitted, high - arched, calloused - heeled... feet. Every morning they hold me up when I get out of bed and carry me through the day until I get back to it. And the mans; wide, sharp-nailed, calloused-free, flat as a pancake feet that carry him to work. Each morning he laces his boots up on them and each day they go through something different from stepping in cow piles, pushing tractor pedals, standing/sitting for lecture, standing while running machines and each night they bring him back to us. For a little girl whose point, spin, dance, climb and each morning I grab to slide her out of her bed to slip her socks onto her growing little ones. For a rowdy boy's that I hear in his room above mine each morning as they hit the floor running and pounding across the wood, those are forevermore escaping from the confines of his socks, and love nothing better than being in the rubber yellow boots.
Feet. A simple blessing. I want to be more aware of the example my feet are leaving behind. Where do they take me? How do I conduct myself when I get there? Am I willing to use the blessing of feet the way He wants me to? This verse in Psalms says exactly what I want to strive to do. To turn my feet unto HIS testimonies. Let even the lowest part of me, become more like Jesus.
Psalms 119:59 ~ I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment