Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday ~ Nephews

It is time for my thankful thought of the week. When we had the littlest love's party this week there were three little faces missing that day. Our nephews. We have been blessed with 3 of the most energetic, fun and dimpled nephews, while Laney remains the only girl on both sides of our family for now. But she doesn't notice and is head over heels for her cousins. With all of our nephews being either 2 or 3 hours away, it makes it hard for us to get together with them, and so we really look forward to the times we do get to spend together. So, please let me introduce you to my nephews 3.

 Drew ~
First up is our oldest nephew, Drew. I remember so well the day I heard Drew was about to make his arrival into this world. Ricky and I were out on a motorcycle ride when we got the call, and we dropped everything and headed to Nashville to meet our first nephew. We did not know it then but Laney Kay was already on her way into our lives. Drew has grown up so fast and I can hardly believe my first little nephew is already in Kindergarten! He is playing basketball this year (which Aunt Beth just loves!) and is getting taller by the minute. Laney absolutely adores her cousin Drew. Right now Laney is convinced that she and Drew will be married one day (everyone needs to have a cousin to love, right? lol!). Drew has these dark soulful eyes and you can see every emotion he is feeling pouring out of them. He was the first baby in the family and his arrival was such an exciting event. He is the one that kick started all the babies who would be arriving after him. Here is our first nephew, Drew

Laney and Drew, such babies, this seems like yesterday


Such a cute boy

For about 2 years Laney thought she and Drew got married on this day

Drew is about 9 months older than Laney and she just adores him

Possibly my favorite picture of the two of them
Em, Where did our babies go?
Baby Ben ~
 Next up is nephew #2, Baby Ben. One of these days I will have to stop referring to him as a baby, but I am not ready to yet. Our Caleb and Ben were due to be born about 3 weeks apart so Emily and I were pregnant with these two boys together. Misery likes company! :) Ben actually entered the world a little ahead of schedule and Caleb a little late (lucky me) and so the boys are about 6 weeks apart in age. Baby Ben has grown into this little toddler that makes you smile when you look at him. You simply can not look at him and not start grinning! He has these beautiful cheeks and giggly dimples that just make him look so merry! I love that boy! Here is our Baby Ben...

That first Christmas he was so fresh and tiny

But look how much he grew that year (he is in front)...as did all the cousins!


Caleb and Ben... two blonde heartbreakers


Rolling with the big kids

The eyes - the cheeks - the dimples - I'm happy

I mean he is just so beautiful

RT ~
Up last - but in no way least - is our third nephew, RT. Laney well remembers waiting on RT to finally get done cooking in Aunt A's tummy. She was so excited to meet the newest little cousin. I remember taking her to MS to meet him when he arrived. She was so gentle and sweet with him. When I held him , it amazed me at how tiny he was and I struggled trying to remember mine own being so small. RT lives 3 hours away and like the other nephews we don't get to see him nearly enough. So when we get to see him we soak up every bit of that time  together. At Christmas this year I couldn't believe how much he had changed. His looks are growing quickly into that of a little boy instead of a baby. He has these large, beautiful eyes and his face is full of expressions. He often has a bit of mischievous looks, no doubt following in the footsteps of the other boys in the family. Here is a glimpse of our sweet RT...

She fell right in love

And so did I


Pretty EYES!
They all look like they are plotting

Love his expressions

Caleb is always sizing RT up and trying to figure him out

cousins

Here is where he looks like a little boy
So this is what I am thankful for this week. Our nephews. If I had it my way they would all live much closer so that we could properly spoil them. But, I am so thankful to God for seeing to it that we have these three little boys as our nephews.  Writing this and looking at their pictures has me feeling all sniffily, so I will close this now, with a verse to each of these sweet boys ~

May each of you "Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...to Him be the glory both now and forever." 2 Peter 3:18.
With my Love, Aunt Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment