Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A very giggly party

Silly little 6 year old gal :)
So this was Laney Kay's year for a birthday party where she could invite guests. She is old enough now, and being in school that she chose to invite friends from her class and school. I limited it to 5 guests and it turned out to be just the right size. She also chose her theme and colors. She wanted a Hello Kitty party in pink and blue colors and then she wanted to watch Wizard of Oz after the party with her friends. Kinda an odd combo, but it was her party so I agreed to that. The party itself was very cheaply done, but I thought it turned out very cute.

Here are a few party details-

 I saw this little idea on pinterest and modified it a little to make cute little party favors for each girl to take home. I had tons of little baby bows left over from when Laney was a baby and so I used them and hot glued them onto the corners of the frame.

I thought they turned out cute! And on the day of the party I put one at each girls seat with her name written on her frame in dry erase marker to reserve her seat. I got the frames from the dollar store for $1 and the bows we had as I already mentioned.

Cute little hello kitty favors for the girls to take home with them.
I did make Caleb a little boy cat too!
Laney requested strawberry cupcakes for her birthday (since she won't eat chocolate cake) and so I had been eyeing a little Hello Kitty cupcake stand at Wal-Mart that was $6.97. Well, I hadn't started buying party things just yet and I am so glad! Because the week of Valentine's I found this little cupcake stand at Dollar Tree! BING $1.00 thank ya very much! The colors were perfect for her party and I knew by the time I added cupcakes no one would ever think it was from Valentines day.

One of my favorite things at her party
Now, I know you won't believe this, but I actually bought Hot Pink icing to ice her cupcakes. I know right now you are thinking about how good I am at mixing pink icing...afterall every color icing I have ever attempted to dye turns out pink! LOL! But, I saw this really bright icing that had sprinkles included and it was perfect for her cupcakes. And ahem, we all know I am not about to make a homeade cake when I can whip one up from a mix in 3 minutes, so yes, I cheated :) and proud of it! hah! But I found cute little hello kitty cupcake wrappers with these tiny little kitty flags to stick in the cupcakes. They were cute...and bright!

cupcakes in the making
Here is how the party decor turned out

The cupcakes

The placemats...

How nice of my pie safe to color coordinate with the party!
Price break down: Table cloth - 97 cents, party favors- $7, chair bows - free from the party box (i think somehow we use these every year) dishes for food (free from craft cabinet cause I had these little dividers from dollar tree in my cabinet and washed them out cause the colors were perfect!), plates- free from party box leftovers, napkins same story, cups I did buy for about $2 from Wally, cake stand $1...printables $10 total. Not too bad the whole party was less than $30!

We had a mid-afternoon party so we went light on the food and had cupcakes, cheeseballs and bugles with peanut butter (that was her request). The little gal and her party table


The day of the party we had a box delivered to the house from my Aunt Bev. She always mails the kids a birthday box and this year Caleb got a dolphins football jersey, pants and a helmet! He was in heaven! And Laney got a Cardinals cheer costume. So, they both wanted to wear that for their party outfits....so, I went with it! LOL! They loved it!
Sports cuties!
Birthday girl with her brother
Finally the guests arrived and the party began! They all colored their placemats first and then we had ice cream and cupcakes and snacks. Then we played a couple games...
 
The most popular game was pin the bow on Hello Kitty. They loved it!

Daddy came in from the cold and put his freezing hands on the party guests :)

Caleb and his GF
Present Time!

Movie time! Watching Wizard of Oz. ...We had big movie size popcorn buckets for the girls to share during the movie
Happy 6th Birhtday Laney K! It was fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment