Looking into 2014 I would say I have two main concerns or areas that I am focusing on. One is Health! Go figure. For once this has nothing to do with weight. I have had a year and a half of not so healthy times.
In 2012 I started having headaches. I can now say that my headaches are fairly under control at this time. Not completely gone, but praise the Lord, they are not very often and much more tolerable than before! Those last few sentences are glossing over a very difficult time in my life, and my families. I can not tell you how thankful I am to be at the point I am right now. I never realized how much I took my health for granted before September 17, 2012. God has walked me through some very uncertain times. But, the marvelous thing is ---He walked me through those times, giving me the grace I needed for each day as it came. It wasn't always pretty but as of the present, it seems the hardest part of those days are behind me. And I can say I have learned and grown through those trials in a way I never have before.
God is good!
SO....HEALTH IN 2014....WELLL...maybe
Starting off 2014, I had my first surgery and all went well there.
Well, other than the fact that pain meds and me are like a comedy routine. "OOOPHARECTOMY!!" I kept telling Ricky post-surgery that a fat Korean male nurse was stealing my warm blankets that my pretty nurse gave me and replacing them with blankets from the freezer... and there were some other humorous times, some of which may or may not have been documented on video...ouch! LOL!
| You're welcome...you're very very welcome. |
| Thumbs up for health in 2014 |
So, many people would not call this healthy, but it is a step in the right direction....two greens on our plate! If you know how I typically eat, you will know that this is big effort for me. And I am pleased to say my kids ate Kale with me! :)
These mason jar salad ideas that are all over pinterest are excellent. I have been making them for Ricky to have for his lunches. And you can make a week's worth at a time and they last really well in the fridge. Shake and eat!
I do not eat veggies unless they are cooked (I KNOW I KNOW! I AM CRAZY AND I HATE THAT!)
But, the kids and Ricky do, so I've been making salads around here and keeping them on hand.
| WHAT? MOM DOESN'T EAT SALAD?! ...just kidding, they both think I do, and hope they continue to until they have a good unpicky appetite well in place! |
| Eating up her spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots and topped with cheese, tortilla strips, bacon bits and ranch....makes me smile! |
Salads....EAT THEM OR ELSE, says Laney, my giant headed child lol :)
The other area I am trying to focus on is God's will for my life. I have become aware this past year of how often I am missing God's voice in my life. I want so very much to tune into His calling and follow Him when and where He leads me. Because I have seen that even if it is in the lowest of low places, when He is there beside you, following Him is worth it! I am praying that God will keep me out of the way so that I can be used by HIM to reach out to others.While this probably seems vague and not specific, it is much more so to me than I can say. It just isn't easy to try and word it here.
I pray that everyone reading this will also search for God's leading this year and may we all be called to be more, do more and show more of HIM to others in our every day lives~
No comments:
Post a Comment