Tuesday, January 7, 2014

36 and Dorky

It is probably no great surprise that I am the goof ball in our relationship (mine and Ricky's that is). They say over time you start to wear off on one another...well, It is finally happening! PROOF POSITIVE, may I present my first piece of evidence ~ 


Ricky is starting to get a little goof ball with me, and to be honest, I LOVE IT! This picture above was made at Longhorn for his birthday dinner. Its his favorite so me and the kids treated him to lunch on the way to our "Christmas in Memphis"...if you follow the blog you would know that I again sang that loudly to the tune of????....Yep, Christmas in Dixie.

He made this face for me and then tried to confiscate my phone to erase it. Because he gets really goofy all the time with us but usually does not provide us with lasting evidence. Afraid people will find out he is a dork after all I guess.

Well, I was not to be outdone so I said "sic him!" to the kids and all chaos broke out in the middle of Longhorn. I think he expected me to stop the rowdiness before we attracted a bunch of weird looks from our fellow diners. I did not and simply joined the chaos, and a big family brawl for the phone ensued. Finally he broke down and gave the phone back ( I think he was afraid we would be asked to leave before he got his steak)...so I quickly sent the photo to my email and to the mysterious cloud and instagram all really quickly before he could delete it.

The kids also insisted Dad go to Mexican for his birthday so we made it on his actual birthday for that. I couldn't believe he agreed to go. He clearly was not thinking and really quickly realized why the kids wanted to take him there about the time he had a big ole face full of cool whip :)


Anyway, at 36 he is sure handsome and happy and makes me happy too! And that dorky, goofball gene is clearly being passed on to our children.... May I present to you our lovely, Christmas adorned daughter in her dress and her hair all fixed and yes, eyes perfectly crossed...


No comments:

Post a Comment