Been awhile since I took on a remodel project. At the end of February I got my tools out and dug in to our downstairs closet. It has been useless for so long and was a total waste of space they way we were using it. So, I cleaned it all out and reorganized it. But when I got it empty I ran into a problem. I forgot we had just thrown scrap carpet on the floor when we moved in. It just wasn't functioning well like that so I yanked it out. (along with a million dust particles, hack hack cough). Its such an odd closet anyway. It is built under our stairs and has the return air vent in the floor of the back of the closet. Its just a weird space.
 |
| Before |
Underneath there was linoleum. It looked like it was 30 years old. All
yellow and cracked and coming up. So, I contemplated for a minute and
then decided to not even bother Ricky with it since he was at work. It
took some muscle working and a screw driver and putty knife, but I
finally got it all up.
 |
| During...isn't that awful?! |
It really looked awful!
But then I got to the fun part. New flooring. It cost me $10.00 and didn't take all that long. While I was laying the flooring, Laney and Caleb helped. Laney offered to cook us supper and she did. That PB&Jelly hit the spot. It allowed me enough time to completely finish the closet before Ricky got home. I was so proud of it. Much improved flooring, don't you think?
Its nothing grand but just makes this work much better and now the carpet isnt a huge dust trap either!
No comments:
Post a Comment