So - la la la - Cleaning In Memphis, the dust is falling down...
Ok, really, really done.
Anyway, last month my cousin Amy was being thrown a baby shower by her sisters. My Mom, me and the kids made plans to go down for sweet baby Graham's shower. Graham was born in November. He wasn't due until this month, so he was really a tiny preemie. He is just thriving though, and although he wasn't able to be at his shower, we were all so thankful that he was able to be out of the hospital and at home with his family.
Since we were headed to Memphis anyway, we decided to surprise my grandparents by coming in early that day and cleaning their house for them. They are 86 and don't get me wrong, they keep up their place very well, but we just wanted to pamper them a bit a do a few things for them since we are too far away to do things like this as often as we should.
We did clean that day, quiet a bit, as well as do odd jobs for them. Memaw had made us a list out of things she wanted done. It was a cute list including things like: share your blessings and then there was also - tell us all the gossip. Ha!
I did learn how to put hearing aid batteries in. Pepaw was really excited about how well he could hear with his new ear pieces. You know why? He wanted to be able to hear better at church. Thats what he was most excited about. I love that man!
Mom and I cleaned while the kids played and Memaw read to them. Pepaw took them out back for awhile to play and after lunch we called it quits so everyone could rest a little before we got ready for the baby shower.
I promised Memaw I would fix her hair and makeup for her. She loves to get pampered like that and I haven't done that for her in a few years so I really enjoyed doing that with her. She may be 86 but I'm telling you now, that lady can dress the part and look so good. She's got style for sure.
| The kids managed to find a tree to climb...got some of their energy out! |
| Aren't they a good looking pair? I dearly love these two people and appreciate so much their influence in all of our lives! |
Baby Graham got spoiled with all sorts of cute outfits and baby things. His Momma was looking so good too! I can't wait to get to see her with Graham and meet the little miracle in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment