Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Father's Way

She got in the car that day and burst into tears. Holding it in all day resulted in tears of relief to finally   let it out and tell her story. It's part of growing up, part of learning how to deal with people even when they are not nice. But still my Momma bear instincts kicked into over drive when she told me about the "mean girl" in her class. We had been hearing bits and pieces about this same girl several times. This day, it all came together and our girl came home with bruised and tattered feelings. 

I did maintain my composure and listened as she told me how the mean girl kicked her and broke her backpack, ganged up on her with some others and followed her around threatening to punch her if she tattled. I listened, I let her cry and I waited because I knew exactly what she needed....her Daddy. 

He came home, heard my version of the story and then hunted down our little, sweet girl and the two of them landed on the porch swing. His calm, assuring presence made even me feel better. He then proceeded to tell her how he wanted her to handle the situation and how to stand up for herself and protect herself from the mean girl/s. He also assured her that we would be taking measures to ensure she would be watched out for. By the time they were done sorting out the events of the day and the next course of action, all four of us had ended up on the porch listening. The end result was a little girl all ready to go back and face the situation the next day and meet it head on, without being afraid.


While it hurts to see your kids hurt, I can't help but be thankful for that day. I'm so glad that the kids have Ricky as a dad and can go to him with their problems and know he will listen to them. Being able to go to your Father and tell him your problems any time and listen as he guides you through the difficult times to the other side is so comforting.

It's no wonder why God is so often referred to as our Father. Our Heavenly Father ~ always present, always listening and His advice brings peace and comfort to those in need. And talking with our Heavenly Father results in being able to have the confidence to meet those hard times and hard people head on without being afraid.

Just a little story from our corner. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment