FLU!
Yes, the kids came down with the flu at the beginning of the week. It made me so sad when their pediatrician walked into the little exam room we were in and said, "well, bad news." I had been dreading it so much. We have been trying so hard to avoid getting the stupid flu. I thought we had made it to the home stretch. But, alas, I was premature with my relief.Laney was struck down first and Caleb followed right on her heels. We all have been taking the tamiflu and that has really shortened it and also made symptoms milder.
As I expected, Caleb has suffered the most. Everything always goes straight to his lungs and the flu is no exception. Actually so far this will make the first time Caleb has had the flu and not had it turn into pneumonia. We aren't in the clear yet, but so far he has done better fighting it off than in the past.
We have spent the week inside the house, alone and trying to keep them resting as much as possible. I made them a giant pallet in the den floor and put activities all around the perimeter to give them something to do. We've watched lots and lots of movies and I think I may have memorized most of the words to "Wreck it Ralph". At night I have been sleeping on the couch by them and most nights stayed up alot with Caleb doing breathing treatments. Last night was the first night everyone slept in their own beds. I will say that my bed felt amazing and I'm pretty sure I snored. LOL
They seem to be on the mend and hopefully in another day we will rejoin the rest of the world and get back to working on the new house.
Ricky has been hard at work over there making lots of progress. I think I may start packing boxes this afternoon here at home. We've not gotten our closing date on the old house yet, however we expect it to be less than a month. So, it is nearly go time!

No comments:
Post a Comment