Monday, May 2, 2016

Pretty days and friends


There has been a fun aspect of living in this house. It brought the kids closer to so many of their friends.
I am reminded of how life was when my sister and I lived in Memphis and all the neighborhood kids would gather in our front yard to play. At this house, our kids are experiencing that! How fun...






One afternoon this spring, we invited several of their friends over. While they were in the front yard, I taught them the age old game of Red Rover. I was appalled to find out that most of them had no clue what this game was (Including my own kids!)


I thought for awhile and decided that the school system had probably deemed the game too "Aggressive" or violent or not politically correct for some reason. I was rather disappointed that they had all missed out on the great fun of Red Rover.


And then, All at once I was shown why this game has been nixed....and I caught a bit of it on camera....
Yes that is Caleb being clotheslined by his sister and friend. It was pretty brutal. And it happened...twice. Both times to Caleb Lol! Never fear, he was ok and will make it to see another round or two of the game played. Hopefully in our front yard with a group of neighborhood friends.



I really enjoy having all the kids friends over and look forward to watching all these kids as they grow up together. They should all still be babies, but I am accepting that they are not and am enjoying watching them all as they do life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment